Szavanna_blog

All about open source projects, music, and guru-shishya parampara

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Baaba Maal in Potchefstroom




We had an amazing time last Saturday listening to the mesmerising voice of Baaba Maal - and his group of unbelievable percussionists, singers and dancers.


The music flew us to Senegal - the music & rhythm that is quite familiar to me - it reminded me of those times I spent learning Arabic music in Tunis and the parties we had with Senegalese and Mauritanian friends sipping tea and having long discussions during those Ramadan nights.

Check out this page to find out more about the Senegalese musical instruments and even have some virtual music lessons!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger DrĂ© said…

    cool blog page. I like the way you have incorporated so many links to other informative and interesting sites. I agree with you about teaching, it is an interesting and important point

     

Post a Comment

<< Home